Sunday morning run – Day 22
November 29, 2020.
Nice day, slightly chilly, no wind.
My pre-run meal – Empty stomach run.
Why I like running in cold weather
To no surprise, cold weather is actually the ideal condition for your run.
Running is a great tool for preventing winter weight gain, when I can control my eating.
When the days get shorter and the temperature plummets, many people suffer from Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) I like going to the gym, but running is my best fitness motivation tool!
Running Gear Checklist
It is amazing this morning with hardly any wind (2 mph).
My pre-run checklist:
- Empty stomach fitness run. Even though I was craving an egg burrito, I pushed through the hunger to workout first
- Warm-up stretches include some squats, high kicks (front and back), lunges, and pulling knees to the chest
- Power check for my phone and AirPods
- What to wear running always includes a new long sleeve tech shirt.
- Choose to wear my running jacket this morning.
- Put on a knit cap
- Put on my reflective vest
- Grabbed my handheld phone carrier
Chilly morning run – Day 22 – Data
Distance: 3.02 miles
Avg Pace: 9:16 (min/mile)
Calories burned: 410
Elevation Gain: 97 (ft)
Temperature: 48 F
Wind: 2 mph
Podcast: Ask Pat – AP 1139: I’m starting a new business from scratch. How do I make sure it succeeds?
On the Run – Before and After
Just like my Saturday morning run, I wanted to get my fitness done earlier in the day. It’s Sunday and football festivities kicking in shortly.
I have been talking a bit about new running shoes and last night I was looking at several inexpensive running shoes on Amazon. Although many have a lot of positive reviews, I’m not so sure about them.
I was definitely overdressed for the run today. By the midway point, I was sweating profusely. I could have done without the hat and jacket today.
The streak rolls on
Perfect day running.
I got plenty of sleep last night, combined with great weather!
Post-run snack: Egg burrito – (4) egg whites and (2) slices of bacon, lettuce, Velvetta, and hot sauce. One small bowl of Steel Cut Oats with skim milk.
3 Miles A Day for 30 Days – Day 22 – Complete!
Back to main Running Log Page