Overcast Run – 30 Day Running Challenge – Day 18
November 25, 2020.
My pre-run meal – Empty stomach run.
Running Gear Checklist
It is overcast, with a little wind (10 mph) with a temperature of 57 F at run time.
My pre-run checklist:
- Again, empty stomach run. Seem to run better on an empty stomach if I can do it before I get too hungry
- Warm-up stretches before running – My pre-run stretches includes some air squats, high kicks (front and back), lunges, and pulling knees to chest (while standing)
- Power check for my phone and AirPods
- What to wear running always includes new compression shirts
- Put on my reflective vest
- Grabbed my handheld phone carrier.
Overcast Run – Day 18 – Data
Distance: 3.01 miles
Avg Pace: 9:21 (min/mile)
Calories burned: 411
Elevation Gain: 98 (ft)
Temperature: 57 F
Wind: 10 mph
Podcast: Mixergy – EdTech Series: Outschool
On the Run – Before and After
My cloudy weather run was a bit slower today. A relaxed run is fine with me .
Running faster tips
Continue to do more warm-ups with lunges, squats, and light stretching.
Thoughts while running
While I mentioned the recent passing of my dogs last week, my other dog, Polly, was having some issues the last few days. She had a vet appointment scheduled after today’s run, so that was weighing heavy on my mind. Hopefully, nothing serious.
November Running Challenge Streak – Alive and Kicking
My running plan is going strong. While the weather was not picturesque, I will take it over the rain.
Post-run snack – Leftovers. Hamburger (no bun), and steamed rice.
3 Miles A Day for 30 Days – Day 18 – Complete!
Back to main Running Log Page
Since I share tips and strategies with awesome people like you, naturally my content may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. If you take action (i.e. subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, I’ll earn some coffee money ☕️ which I promise to enjoy while creating more content like this.