Running in the Cold – Day 20
November 27, 2020.
Happy day after Thanksgiving!
My pre-run meal – Empty stomach run. No coffee, no water.
Why I like running in the morning
I like to start my day with a morning run for a variety of reasons. Here is my list:
- The weather is often cooler in the morning during the summer months, making it more comfortable for running.
- Running in the light of day may feel safer than running after dark especially later in the year with shorter days.
- A morning workout provides an energy boost to help jumpstart my day.
Running Gear Checklist
It is partly cloudy this morning with the wind at a moderate 6 mph at run time.
My pre-run checklist:
- Empty stomach fitness run. For my early morning run, I will wait to eat after my workout.
- Warm-up stretches include some squats, high kicks (front and back), lunges, and pulling knees to chest
- Power check for my phone and AirPods
- What to wear running always includes a new long sleeve tech shirt.
- No running jacket today. The outside temperature was not that harsh.
- Thinking more about dressing to run in the cold for next week as the forecast looks to get colder.
- Put on my reflective vest
- Grabbed my handheld phone carrier
Running in the Cold – Day 20 – Data
Distance: 3.01 miles
Avg Pace: 9:26 (min/mile)
Calories burned: 412
Elevation Gain: 97 (ft)
Temperature: 57 F
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Wind: 6 mph
Podcast: eCommerce Fuel – Can You Successfully Outsource Content?
On the Run – Before and After
My run in the cold was enjoyable. Really like getting my workout completed earlier in the day during my days off.
I really need to seriously consider buying new running shoes. When I analyze how I feel during my run, my feet are noticeable sore.
Also thinking about purchasing lightweight running gloves like these. I have running mittens, but they are too warm for the current weather.
November Running Challenge Streak – Alive and Kicking
I’m officially two-thirds of the way completed. The weather forecast looks promising next week. Monday will be a rainy run, but the rest of the week should be fine.
Post-run snack – (4) egg whites and (2) slices of bacon, cooked together. 1/3 cup of Steel Cut Oats with a splash of 1% milk.
3 Miles A Day for 30 Days – Day 20 – Complete!
Back to main Running Log Page
Since I share tips and strategies with awesome people like you, naturally my content may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. If you take action (i.e. subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, I’ll earn some coffee money ☕️ which I promise to enjoy while creating more content like this.